Patton Smartnode SN4940/1E24V/EUI Summary
As enterprises move toward unified communications, the SmartNode™ 4940 provides a smooth transition by either IP-enabling traditional PBX systems for SIP trunking over existing Internet connection, adding PSTN-breakout for number portability, or enabling PSTN access for IP PBX and unified communications systems. Preserve investment in legacy phone equipment while taking the next step toward unified communications with Patton’s proven SmartNode™ VoIP solutions.
With comprehensive signaling protocol support, the SN4940 supports SIP, H.323, ISDN, and T1/E1 telephony—plus T.38 and SuperG3 FAX—over TDM/PSTN and IP/Ethernet services simultaneously.
With up to four T1/E1/PRI ports, connect to any switch, PBX or data network for up to 120 simultaneous calls using SIP, T1, E1 or PRI signaling. The SN4940 also supports all the industry-standard CODECs, delivering tollquality voice on every call.
Proven interoperability with all the majorbrand softswitches and IP-PBXs makes it easy for carriers and enterprises to deploy future-proof VoIP systems quickly and profitably. Featuring high reliability and touchless auto-provisioning, tens of thousands of SmartNode™ devices are up-and-running in enterprise and carrier networks worldwide.
Ensure business continuity. By providing PSTN breakout, SmartNode™ ensures voice survivability for reliable enterpriseclass communications.
Patton’s unique high-precision clock enables first-line IP telephony services in demanding DECT PBX environment plus reliable FAX and modem performance.
Patton Smartnode SN4940/1E24V/EUI Core Features
- Up to 120 VoIP calls… with four T1/E1/PRI ports and one Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Proven Interoperability—Interoperable with all the major-brand softswitches and IP-PBXs.
- Comprehensive Signaling Protocol Support—Supports SIP, H.323, ISDN, and T1/E1 telephony—plus T.38 and SuperG3 FAX—over TDM/PSTN and IP/Ethernet services simultaneously.
- Transparent Telephony Features—Complex number manipulation and mapping for seamless integration with existing infrastructures, CLIP, CLIR, hold, transfer and much more.
- High Precision Clock—Delivers DECT PBX interoperability with reliable fax performance.
Patton Smartnode SN4940/1E24V/EUI Technical Specifications
- Voice Connectivity
- Up to four software selectable T1/E1/PRI ports (NE/TE)
- Signaling support (ISDN DSS-1, NI-2, Q.SIG, CAS Robbed bit loop and ground start, E&M, immediate, wink, double wink)
- SIPv2 & MGCP/IUA, H.323v4
- ISDN AOC/ECT
- ISDN speech, audio & data (Fax Gr 4, UDI 64, RDI64)
- ISDN supplementary services
- Voice Processing
- Codec G.711 a-law/mu-law, G.723, G.729ab, G.726, G727, T.38 fax relay (9.6 k, 14.4 k)
- G.711 transparent fax and bypass
- 128 ms echo cancellation
- Call Routing and Services
- Regular expression call routing and manipulation
- Number blocking
- Digit collection, distribution and hunt groups
- Data Interfaces
- One 10/100/1000 TX Ethernet Port
- Full-duplex fragmentation
- Web/HTTP, CLI with local console & remote Telnet access
- TFTP configuration & firmware loading
- SNMP MIB II and product MIB
- Secure auto provisioning for both firmware & unit/subscriber configuration
- Built-in diagnostic tools (trace, debug, call generator)
- Power & Packaging
- Desktop metal chassis Dimensions: 11.0W x1.5H x 7.0 D in. (28.0W x3.9H x 18.0D cm) Weight: < 30 oz (850g) Internal Power: 100–240VAC (50/60 Hz) Power Consumption: < 15W
- Operating Environment
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C) Operating humidity: up to 90%, non-condensing
- EMC: EN55022 and EN5502
- Safety: EN 60950
- FCC Part 15 Class A; Part 68; CS-03