Patton Copperlink 2174/EUI-2PK Summary
Perfect for bandwidth-intensive applications the Model 2174 delivers off-the-chart symmetrical line rates greater than 100 Mbps. Best of all—like all CopperLink™ products—the Model 2174 leverages existing copper infrastructure to deliver high speed Ethernet connectivity over voice-grade twisted pair, Cat 5e/6/7, and—new to the CopperLink™ line—coaxial cabling.
Four user-selectable configuration profiles—combined with Patton’s auto-rate adaptation feature—ensure maximum achievable symmetrical or asymmetrical rates for the installed noise environment, wire gauge/type and length.
Symmetrical line-rate settings are ideal for such applications as remote LAN extension, video teleconferencing, and data backhaul. Asymmetrical configurations are well-suited for applications requiring higher downstream speeds and/or longer distances between Ethernet devices. Typical symmetrical scenarios include medical imaging, livestock monitoring, underwater video, internet gaming, and transporting high-resolution IP video from security cameras.
Realize fiber-like speed and distance without the expense of fiber with Patton’s Ultra-High-Speed CopperLink™ Ethernet Extenders.
Patton Copperlink 2174/EUI-2PK Core Features
- Ethernet Extension—Extend 10/100Base-TX Ethernet up to 10,000 feet (3 kilometers)—well beyond the 328-foot (100-meter) limitation—over a single twisted-pair, Cat 5e/6/7, or even coaxial cable.
- Operates Over Twisted Pair—Realize fiber-optic speeds without the expense—and hassle—of installing new cables or line-of-site wireless circuits.
- Plug and Play—Set these units up straight out of the box. No configuration is required. Auto-sensing 10/100 Ethernet ports support full or half duplex operation.
- Multiple Line Rates Supported—SBoasting downstream line rates up to 168 Mbps, the switch-selectable rate mode options optimize rate and reach for the noise environment, wire gauge/type and length.
- Transparent LAN Bridging—Bypass network configuration requirements by transparently passing all higher layer protocols—including 802.1Q VLAN frames (tagged and untagged). Data-transmission mechanism is fully transparent to such IP video compression schemes as MPEG-4, H.264 and MJPEG.
- Made in the USA-This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton’s American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability and longevity you can trust.
Patton Copperlink 2174/EUI-2PK Technical Specifications
- CopperLink Line Interface< • RJ-45 (pin 4 = ring; pin 5 = tip) • BNC 75-ohm coax • Terminal block, 2-position
- CopperLink Line Modulation DMT (Discrete Multi-Tone)
- Ethernet Interface (x4) 8-position shielded RJ-45. Auto-sensing 10/100Base-TX with half or full duplex operation.
- Protocol Transparent to high layer protocols: supports 802.1Q VLAN tagged or untagged frames. Transparent to IP Video schemes: fully transparent to such compression schemes as MPEG-4, H.264, and MJPEG.
- Impulse Noise Protection Modes Selectable fast and interleave modes
- Target SNR Modes 6 dB & 9 dB
- Management 8-position DIP switch
- Monitoring 8 LEDs display Power, Link, Ethernet 1-4, Remote, and Local status.
- Dimensions 1.25 H x 6.22 W x 4.75 D in. (31.8 H x 158 W x 120.7 D cm)
- Power Supply External AC: 100–240 VAC External DC: -48, -24, or -12 VDC
- Compliance FCC Part 15A, CE Mark, EMC Directive 89/336/EEC, Low-Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC
- Environment Temperature: 0 to 50°C
- Humidity: 5 to 95%, non-condensing
- Weight 0.4 lbs (181 g)