Cisco 100 Series Unmanaged Switches: Overview
Cisco 100 Series Switches deliver powerful network performance and flexibility for small business networks, without the complexity. With no installation software and nothing to configure, you get an affordable, reliable network that just works, right out of the box.
Cisco 100 Series Switches offer:
- High-performance capabilities: With powerful network performance at an affordable price, you can give your network a boost of speed and capacity to support bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Support for advanced technologies: Built-in quality of service (QoS) intelligence on all models helps maintain consistent network performance and keeps your applications running smoothly.
- An eco-friendly solution: Optimizes power usage to be energy efficient without compromising performance.
- Affordability: Designed specifically for small businesses that need a basic network with automated features that get you up running in minutes.
- Peace of mind: All Cisco 100 Series switches are protected for the life of the product by the Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty.
- Ease of use: Works right out of the box, there’s no software to install and nothing to configure.
Cisco 100 Series Unmanaged Switches: Features
Features and Benefits
Cisco 100 Series switches provide an easy-to-use solution for your small business network. They offer:
• Ease of use: Cisco 100 Series switches work right out of the box, with no software to install and nothing to configure. Each switch port independently sets itself for the optimal speed and determines whether to run in half- or full-duplex mode automatically. As a standards-based Cisco solution, Cisco 100 Series switches are also designed to immediately accommodate all of the devices in your network, including:
– Support for 10 megabits per second (Mbps), 100 Mbps, and up to 1 gigabit per second (1000 Mbps) devices in the same network
– Automatic cable detection, so you don’t have to worry about using the wrong cable type
– Compatibility with network devices from other vendors
• Simple setup: Designed for small office spaces, Cisco 100 Series switches are available in both compact desktop and rack-mount models. The desktop models offer a wall-mount option for discreet mounting under a desk or on the wall of an office or conference room.
• High performance: Cisco 100 Series switches deliver the performance you need to run your business applications – including bandwidth-intensive video services – and avoid slow and sluggish networks. It supports up Gigabit Ethernet speeds, unlocking a new level of capacity and performance in your business network and letting you transfer large files in seconds.
• Reduced energy costs: Cisco 100 Series switches are designed to help conserve energy by optimizing power use without compromising performance, which protects our environment and reduces your energy costs. In addition, they support the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods. Most of the switches have no fans, so they run silently and unobtrusively while lowering energy costs.
• Power-over-Ethernet: Cisco 100 Series switches are available with PoE ports on both Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet models. This capability simplifies the deployment of IP telephony, wireless, video surveillance, and other solutions by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly, and at a lower cost.
• Support for advanced technologies: All switches include advanced Cisco traffic-handling features to keep your applications running at peak performance. Integrated QoS intelligence on all models automatically prioritizes delay-sensitive services such as voice or video to improve your network’s performance. Fast store-and-forward switching identifies damaged packets and prevents them from being passed on through the network. All of these features run automatically, with no management or configuration required.
• Peace of mind: Cisco 100 Series switches deliver the rock-solid reliability you expect from a Cisco switch. The solution has been rigorously tested to ensure optimal uptime and performance. In addition, unlike the purchase of a consumer-grade product, your investment in a Cisco Small Business network will grow with your business.
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty
Cisco Small Business products offer a limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 1-year limited warranty for fans and power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes, telephone technical, and online chat support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: www.cisco.com/go/smallbiz
World-Class Service and Support
Cisco 100 Series switches are backed by the Cisco Small Business Support Service, which provides affordable peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates and access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and it extends technical service to three years.
Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in the Cisco Small Business Support Center, a dedicated resource for small business customers and networks, with locations worldwide that are specifically trained to understand your needs. You also have access to extensive technical and product information through the Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum that enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.
Table 1 gives the product specifications for the Cisco 100 Series Switches.
Table 1. Product Specifications
||SF100D-05: 1 GbpsSF100D-08: 1.6 Gbps
SF100D-08P: 1.6 Gbps
SF100D-16: 3.2 Gbps
SF100-16: 3.2 Gbps
SF100D-16P: 3.2 Gbps
SF100-24: 4.8 Gbps
SF102-24: 8.8 Gbps
SG100D-05: 10 Gbps
SG100D-08: 16 Gbps
SG100D-08P: 16 Gbps
SG100-16: 32 Gbps
SG100-24: 48 Gbps
SG102-24: 48 Gbps
||Forwarding rate in million packets per second (mpps) (based on 64-byte packets):SF100D-05: 0.74 mpps
SF100D-08: 1.4. mpps
S100D-08P: 1.2 mpps
SF100D-16: 1.4 mpps
SF100-16: 1.4 mpps
SF100D-16P: 1.4 mpps
SF100-24: 3.6 mpps
SF102-24: 6.5 mpps
SG100D-05: 7.4 mpps
SG100D-08: 11.9 mpps
SG100D-08P: 11.9 mpps
SG100-16: 23.8 mpps
SG100-24: 35.7 mpps
SG102-24: 35.7 mpps
|Layer 2 Switching
|Head-of-line (HOL) blocking
||HOL blocking prevention
|Quality of Service (QoS)
||4 hardware queues
||Priority queuing and weighted round-robin (WRR)
|Class of service
||802.1p priority based
||SF100D-05: 5 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TXSF100D-08: 8 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
SF100D-08P: 8 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX;
SF100D-16: 16 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
SF100D-16P: 16 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
SF100-16: 16 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
SF100-24: 24 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
SF102-24: 24 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX; with 2 combo mini-GBIC slots
SG100D-08: 8 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T ports
SG100D-08P: 8 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T ports
SG100-16: 16 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T ports
SG100-24: 24 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T ports with 2 combo mini-GBIC slots
SG102-24: 24 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T ports with 2 combo mini-GBIC slots
All units: Automatic medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X); auto negotiated port for connecting 10-, 100-, 1000- Mbps devices
||SF100D-08P: 4 PoE ports with 33.12W dedicated power budgetSF100D-16P: 8 PoE ports with 64W dedicated power budget
SG100D-08P: 4 PoE ports with 33.6W dedicated power budget
||Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) Category 5 or better for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX; 1000BASE-T recommended
||System/PWR, Link/Activity, 100M,* PoE, Max PoE, Gigabit,* mini-GBIC**if present
||802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
802.3z Gigabit Ethernet
802.3x flow control
IEEE 802.3az, Energy Efficient Ethernet
802.3af , Power Over Ethernet
|DimensionsW x H x D
||SF100D-05: 3.65 x 1.06 x 3.57 inches (92.6 x 27 x 90.6 mm)SF100D-08: 5.12 x 1.06 x 5.12 inches (130 x 27 x 130 mm
SF100D-08P: 6.29 x 1.18 x 5.05 inches (160 x 30 x 128.5 mm)
SF100D-16: 5.12 x 1.52 x 5.12 inches (130 x 38.5 x 130 mm)
SF100-16: 11 x 1.75 x 6.7 inches (279.4 x 44.5 x 170 mm)
SF100D-16P: 6.29 x 3.54 x 1.69 inches (160 x 90 x 43 mm)
SF100-24: 11 x 1.75 x 6.7 inches (279.4 x 44.5 x 170 mm)
SF102-24: 17.35 x 1.74 x 7.99 inches (440.6 x 202.82 x 44.32 mm)
SG100D-05: 4.33 x 1.18 x 3.93 inches (110 x 30 x 100 mm)
SG100D-08: 5.51 x 1.31 x 5.51 inches (140 x 33.35 x 140 mm)
SG100D-08P: 6.29 x 1.18 x 5.05 inches (160 x 30 x 128.5 mm)
SG100-16: 11 x 1.75 x 6.7 inches (279.4 x 44.5 x 170 mm)
SG100-24: 17.35 x 1.74 x 7.99 inches (440.6 x 202.82 x 44.32 mm)
SG102-24: 11 x 1.75 x 6.7 inches (279.4 x 44.5 x 170 mm)
||SF100D-05: 0.47 lb. (0.22 kg)SF100D-08: 0.83 lb. (0.38 kg)
SF100D-08P: 1.2 lb. (0.545 kg)
SF100D-16: 1.03 lb. (0.46 kg)
SF100-16: 2.79 lb. (1.25 kg)
SF100D-16P: 0.99 lb. (0.45 kg)
SF100-24: 2.91 lb. (1.32 kg)
SF102-24: 4.93 lb. (2.00 kg)
SG100D-05: 0.70 lb. (0.32 kg)
SG100D-08: 0.94 lb. (0.43 kg)
SG100D-08P: 1.2 lb. (0.55 kg)
SG100-16: 3.15 lb. (1.43 kg)
SG100-24: 3.59 lb. (1.63 kg)
SG102-24: 5.05 lb. (2.3 kg)
||SF100D-05, SF100D-08: DC 12V, 500mASF100D-16, SG100D-08, SG100D-05: DC 12V, 1.0A
SF100D-08P, SG100D-8P: DC 48V. 1.25A
SF100-16, SF100D-16P, SF100-24, SG100-16, SG100-24, SG102-24: 100-240VAC, 50-60 Hz, internal, universal
||UL (UL 60950), CSA (CSA 22.2), CE mark, FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A
||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
||-4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)
||10% to 90%, relative, non-condensing
||10% to 90%, relative, non-condensing
• Cisco 100 Series Switch
• Power cord/power adapter
• Mounting hardware
• Quick-start guide
• Category 5 Ethernet network cable
• TCP/IP, network adapter, and network operating system (such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X) installed on each computer in the network